Sunday

US athlete Tyson Gay tests positive for banned substances


US sprinter and the world's second fastest man, Tyson Gay, has tested positive for banned substances and has pulled out of next month's World Championships in Moscow.

Gay, 30, said he was notified by the US Anti-Doping Agency on Friday that his 'A' sample from an out-of-competition test in May had returned a positive.

Gay didn't reveal the substance in a phone conversation from Amsterdam on Sunday but said:
"I don't have a sabotage story. I don't have any lies. I don't have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADA's hands, someone playing games. I don't have any of those stories. I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down."
Tyson is now awaiting the result of of his 'B' sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment