Wednesday

How Man Masterminds His Friends Kidnap Because Of Money


Shock and disbelief could best describe the expression on the face of Kingsley Ifeanyi, on discovering that his kidnap was masterminded by his bosom friend, Jimoh Olalere.
Ifeanyi’s kidnap sent fears down the spines of his family and friends around the Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos, as they wondered why anyone could even think of kidnapping an "ordinary" man.
The bubble, however, burst on Monday its a whisperNaija.com Exclusive you would like to learn from so lets go!: 
Following the arrest of ten suspected kidnappers by the Lagos State Police, who have been responsible for series of kidnapping at Ibeju-Lekki and its environs, to the amazement of all, one of the suspects, Jimoh Olalere, confessed to have masterminded Ifeanyi’s kidnap out of jealousy.
According to Jimoh, the quarrel started between him and his bosom friend following the sale of two plots of land by the latter and his alleged refusal to part with some money. “ I sold two plots of land to Ifeanyi at the rate of N550,000 each. At the end of the deal, he was supposed to pay me some money because he sold the land at a higher rate to the buyer. When I accosted him, he told me to go to hell that he did not get much from the sale. But that has been the custom in my area. This resulted in a heated argument that almost led to a fight.
“After that quarrel, we parted ways. I became angry because he went about telling people all sorts of negative things about me. Besides that, I felt he was carrying himself with so much arrogance and I decided to kidnap him to teach him a lesson. I contacted some of my friends who abducted him and took him to a building behind my house where he stayed for two days before he was taken to another hideout.
“While in our custody, I visited his parents who told me that some people had put some calls to them demanding for N3 million for Ifeanyi’s release. Pretending to be helping out, I started speaking with the kidnappers at the end of which we bargained for N500,000 for his release. They gave us a deadline for payment, failure of which they threatened to kill Ifeanyi.
"During one of the telephone conversations, I told the kidnappers that I would like to speak with Ifeanyi, during which he told his mother where to get the sum of N200,000. His parents added the rest and handed a total of N500,000 to me to take to the kidnappers. I took the money to a designated point around Ibeju -Lekki at midnight and handed it over to one of them. The next day, my friend was released and there was jubilation in his family.”
New twist
After Ifeanyi’s release, Jimoh went to the kidnapper’s hideout, only to be given the sum of N32,000.
“I was angry and when I demanded to know why I should be given that peanut, they said they were more than ten, whereas we were nine in number. I got angry and threatened to reject the money but they dared me threatening that even if I exposed them that I would also be implicated. Out of frustration, I left there with the N32,000 that was not even enough for me to meet my family’s immediate need. To be honest, I did not do it for money, I only did it to teach him a lesson because he is very proud.”
The father of four later became sober, apparently regretting his action. In an emotion-laden tone, he said:
“Now, I have brought shame to my family, particularly my children. It will be better for me to die and forget about the shame than to live and keep atoning for my sin. I really do not know how to face my friend, his family, my wife and children,“ the 40-year-old Oyo state-born Jimoh said, shaking his head in regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment